LegacyWoW
Welcome tho the Community forum Of LegacyWoW #1 private server 4.x.x.

Dont have a Forum account yet? Register.

Got a account Log in.

Have fun.

Shamans spells correction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

:announcement: Shamans spells correction

Post  SecsyRed on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:10 am

Enhancement

Lava Lash
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spell Details

Duration n/a
School Fire
Mechanic n/a
Dispel type n/a
GCD category Normal
Cost 4% of base mana
Range 5 yards (Combat)
Cast time Instant
Cooldown 10 seconds
GCD 1.5 seconds
Effect #1 Weapon Damage - %
Value: 260
Effect #2 Dummy
Value: 40
Server-side script
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Modified by:

+ 40% damage if you have Flametongue Weapon on your off-hand
+ 20% damage if you have the Prime Glyph
+ 30% damage if you have Improved Lava Lash
+ an additional 20% per stack (max of 5 stacks) for each stack of Searing Flames on your target.

So that's an initial 200% off-hand weapon damage + 90% damage + an additional 20% to 100% damage, depending on how many Searing Flame stacks on your target.

Ok, let's see. I typed a good calculation of Lava Lash-Damage.
First of all, basics:
Lava Lash is a non-normalized attack, so the Speed of the weapon directly translates into the damage of Lava Lash.
The slower the weapon, the harder Lava Lash hits. Storm Strike is the same, but most other attacks from other classes are normalized at a fixed speed.

So, using an item like http://www.wowhead.com/item=67474 as an example, speed is 2.6, and the top-end weapon damage is 1764.

Now, to calculate the damage of Lava Lash, you use this formula:
[weapon damage] + [Weapon Speed] * [Attackpower / 14]
which means
1764 + 2.6* 9152/14
= 3463,6
(Using 9152 attackpower, I guess that's reasonable in good gear.)

Now, Damage-Modifiers for my ingame print should be:

Now in my print using the exact same modifiers we can see only 6642 damage, when i should do 11563,2.
Mastery is the easiest way to increase Lava Lash-Damage, besides a weapon upgrade and more Attack Power.

It's not affected by armor, because it's fire damage.
Also Unleashed Elements wont affect Lava Lash on our server(the 20% fire dmg increase).
so maximum dmg would be 11563,2 + 5x searing stack(+100%) + Unleashed elements(+20%) = 27750,4 at this we add the 21.2% increase dmg from base Mastery ammount(20% base + 0.97) = a final 33301,4 Noncritical damage on dummy.
And that's how you get some high Lava Lash-crits Very Happy
SecsyRed
Trial GM
Trial GM

Number of Posts : 24
Residence : Iasington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

:announcement: Re: Shamans spells correction

Post  Anguskhan on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Oh... My... God.... I love you! This is how we have been asking people to do bug reports for the longest time. Maybe not all of the elaborate stuff like the pictures and whatnot, but it shows proof of what is wrong and where. Thank you!
Anguskhan
Admin
Admin

Number of Posts : 84
Residence : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top